Saturday, June 4, 2016

Back to Oro Valley

Glendale, AZ to Oro Valley, AZ (additional things to do at Doreen's mom's)

We drove back to Catalina State Park in Oro Valley to await the arrival of the parts to fix our hydraulic jacks.  So we went back to work at my mom's.  Laura tackled the garage cabinets, a big, big job.  I worked on helping my mom use her new tablet and wireless printer along with a few other projects.  I also updated a document called "Leaving a Trail" which she got from somewhere.  I had helped her fill it out about 7 years ago but it was definitely out of date.  I think this is such a good idea that I'm going to add it to the end of this log segment for anyone to copy and paste into a word processing document such as Word.

We were in Oro Valley from May 4 through May 11 before we headed back to Glendale to have the repairs done on our motorhome.

Star Date: May 4-11, 2016

 Please feel free to copy and paste this document into a word processing software and use it to put your own affairs in order.
 ========================================================================
 Leaving a Trail - Putting My Affairs in Order

This document will be useful to whoever you designate to handle your affairs should you become incapacitated, unable to handle your financial or health affairs, or upon your death.  It is important that the information be available quickly when it is needed; therefore unless your designee has signatory power to access your safety deposit box, do not put it in your safety deposit box.

 

A.  PERSONAL INFORMATION

1.     My full name: 

2.     Date and place of birth:  

3.     Location of my birth certificate:

4.     Marital status: 

a.     Names of previous spouses:

b.    Location of marriage licenses:

c.      Location of divorce decrees:

5.     Citizenship: 

6.     Father’s full name, date of birth: 

7.     Mother’s full name, date of birth: 

8.     Children’s names or next of kin and phone numbers:

9.     How long have you lived in Pima County:

10.             My current passport is located:

 

B.  IMPORTANT ITEMS

1.     Social security number:

a.     Location of your social security card?

b.    Are your monthly social security payments deposited directly into your checking account?  

3.     Location of your apartment key(s) (card type lock): 

4.     Location of your mailbox key?

5.     If you have any locked safes or file cabinets where are the keys?

6.     If you have any money or valuables hidden in your home where is it? 

 

C.  HEALTH AND FUNERAL INFORMATION

1.     My Medicare number is: 

2.     My secondary health insurance is through:

3.     Location of my health insurance cards:

4.     I have prescription drug coverage through my Medicare Complete plan (see #2 above)

5.     My physicians:  name, specialty, phone number:

6.     The prescriptions/medications I am currently taking:

7.     I am allergic to:

8.     My dentist’s name and phone number:

9.     My Health Care Power of Attorney is located:

10.   I have a living will that is located:

11.   I have accident insurance through:

12.   I have long term care insurance through:

13.   I do/do not have life insurance. 

14.      I have plans in writing and everything is paid for my cremation through: 

15.      Name and phone number of person(s) to be contacted upon death:

 

D.  FINANCIAL MATTERS

1.     I do/do not have a safety deposit box

2.     My checking account(s) is with the following bank: 

3.     Location of your check book:

4.     Location of your bank statements: 

5.     I do/do not currently do any banking online.

6.     I do/do not have a savings account.

7.     The following accounts have a “pay on death” provision.

8.     I do/do not receive any pension income or retirement benefits.

9.     My securities broker/financial advisors are:

I do/do not do any investment work online.

I do/do not have  securities bonds with “transfer on death” provisions

10.      I own the following annuities:

11.      I am the beneficiary of the following annuities:

12.      I do/do not own any IRA’s

13.      I do/do not own any Certificates of Deposit  (CDs).

14.      I do/do not own any Treasury bills.

15.      I am/am no the beneficiary of a trust.

16.      I do/do not receive any royalties or payments for books, inventions, patents etc.

17.      The following payments are made directly into my checking account:

18.      I do/do not belong to any partnerships.

19.      I do.do not transact or perform any other kind of personal, financial business.

20.      The name and phone number of my attorney:

21.      I do/do not work with a trust officer at a bank.
 
22.   I have/do not have a will.  It is located:

23.   I have/do not have a trust.  It is located:
 

24.   I have/do not have a Financial Power of Attorney and a Health Care Power of Attorney.  They are located:

25.   The name and phone number of my tax person is:

My old tax returns are located:

26.      My active credit card accounts are: 

I keep my active credit cards:

I do/do not have any inactive credit cards.
 
Do any of your credit cards carry death benefits (accidental death or otherwise)
 
I pay my credit card bills by check/online

27.      Recurring bills paid directly from my checking account are:

28.      I do/do not pay any bills in advance.

29.      I do/do not not owe anyone money.

30.      The following people owe me money.

31.      Bills, waiting to be paid, can be found:

32.      Your estate may need to track your assets through an Unclaimed Asset website for each state where you have lived. 

Please give your maiden name: 
 
Please give your married name(s): 

Please give your spouse(s) name(s):

Please list the states and towns where you or your spouse(s) have lived:

33.      Is there any other financial information that needs to be recorded here? 

 

E.  REAL PROPERTY

Vehicles

1.     The title to my car is located:

2.     Through what company do you have car insurance?

Name and address of agent:
 
Policy number: 

Make of car:

3.     Where do you keep the car(s): 

4.     Location of the car keys:

5.     Where is your car registration? 

6.     Where is your driver’s license?

7.     My car does/does not have a “transfer on death” provision.

 

F.  REAL ESTATE

1.     I do/do not own any real estate (time share, condo, house, apartment, rental property)

Give the locations of the real estate you own:

2.     I do/do not rent any property to anyone.

3.     I do/do not lease property to anyone.

4.     I do/do not lease property from anyone.

5.     I do/do not own any real estate or personal property in joint ownership with another person.

 

G. OTHER

1.     I do/do not have belongings stored in a place other than my current home .

2.     My email address is: 

My password for accessing my email is:

3.     The password to my Norton Identity Safe or other password storage software is:

4.     Location of valuable jewelry and silver.

5.     I have made the following arrangements for the care of my pets.

 

My veterinarian name and address:

 

6.     Is there any other information you think would be helpful to your personal representative?  (e.g. organ donor, etc.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment